Mass Production Information Updated
Raytac now is ready for coming nRF52840 SoC with Bluetooth specification BT5.
The module’s mass production schedule will be ascertained after Nordic IC supplying schedule affirmed. (expected around 2017 Q4 or 2018 Q1)
nRF52840 is an advanced multi protocol SoC, built by a 32-bit ARM Cortex M4F CPU (ARM Cryptocell-310) with 1MB flash memory, 256K RAM, supports on chip NFC tag and USB2.0.
It is fully compatible to supports Bluetooth Low Energy (BT5), 802.15.4, ANT and proprietary 2.4GHz protocols.
The most favorited function is it is on-air compatible with current nRF51 and nRF52 SoC.
Raytac’s nRF52840 module part no. is designated as MDBT50, which employs compact form factor with 48 GPIO pin. MDBT50 is planning to have Bluetooth 5 certified with full coverage of regional safety certification as other module lines. To slash customer’s risk in RF development ,elevate a time to market efficiency, create a fast and friendly entry in IoT fields are the eternal willing Raytac would like to bring up for all developers.
This creed, we have been earnest woking accordingly; and will keep dedicating to step forward.
nRF52840 Features (Cited from Nordic’s press)
- Advanced Single chip 2.4 GHz multi-protocol SoC
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F Processor
- 1.7v to 5.5v operation
- 1MB flash + 256kB RAM
- Bluetooth 5 support for long range and high throughput
- 802.15.4 radio support
- On-chip NFC
- PPI –Programmable Peripheral Interconnect
- Automated power management system with automatic power management of each peripheral
- Configurable I/O mapping for analog and digital I/O
- 48 x GPIO
- 1 x QSPI
- 4 x Master/Slave SPI
- 2 x Two-wire interface (I²C)
- I²S interface
- 2 x UART
- 4 x PWM
- USB 2.0 controller
- ARM TrustZone CryptoCell-310 Cryptographic and security module
- AES 128-bit ECB/CCM/AAR hardware accelerator
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- Quadrature decoder
- 12-bit ADC
- Low power comparator
- On-chip 50Ω balun
- On-air compatible with nRF52, nRF51 and nRF24 Series
- Advanced high performance wearables
- Wearables for secure payments
- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality systems
- Smart Home sensor networks
- Smart city sensor networks
- High performance HID controllers
- Internet of Things (IoT) sensor networks
- Smart door locks
- Smart lighting networks
- Connected white goods
A BT4.1 & BT4.2 & BT5 module maker based on Nordic nRF51 & nRF52 solution
(nRF51822 & nRF51422 & nRF52832 & nRF51802 & nRF52840)
www.raytac.com Tel: +886.2.3234.0208